In order to promote the academic exchange, development and innovation of palaeogeography and its relevant disciplines internationally, and to solicit high academic quality papers for Journal of Palaeogeography to become a world-leading journal in the near future, the 5th International Conference of Palaeogeography will be held in
October 16-20, 2021 May 14-16, 2022 at Yangtze University, Wuhan, China.
· Conference themes
(1) Lithofacies palaeogeography and sedimentology
(4) Palaeoclimatology and global climate changes
(5) Event sedimentology
(6) Deep-water sedimentology
(7) Lacustrine sedimentology
(8) Soft-sediment deformation structures
(11) Palaeogeography and energy minerals
(12) New technologies and methods of palaeogeography research
May 13, 2022
Registration (A preparation meeting in the evening)
May 14—16, 2022
Oral and poster presentations
To be determined
Post-conference field excursions
Abstracts and papers
The International Society of Palaeogeography cordially invites experts of palaeogeography and relevant disciplines to submit abstracts or papers.
(1) Requirements of abstracts
Abstract should be submitted before
May 31 , 2021November 30, 2021. Each abstract should include title, author’s name, author’s affiliation, abstract, keywords without figures or tables. For detailed information, please refer to the requirements in Journal of Palaeogeography.
(2) Requirements of papers
In order to improve academic quality, all the applicants who prefer to give oral presentations about papers should submit them before
July 1, 2021January 31, 2022. Papers are written following the requirements of Journal of Palaeogeography. Chinese authors are required to submit Chinese abstracts simultaneously.
(1) Deadline for the first circular receipt: February 28, 2021.
(2) Deadline for abstract submission:
May 31, 2021November 30, 2021. Chinese authors please submit both English and Chinese abstracts. If foreign authors can provide Chinese abstracts, please submit both. The conference will publish both Chinese and English abstracts.
(3) Deadline for paper submission:
July 1, 2021January 31, 2022.
(4) The second circular will be released in early July, 2021.
(5) The third circular will be released in October, 2021.
(6) The conference guide and abstracts of the 5th International Conference of Palaeogeography (in English and Chinese) will be printed out before the conference.
International Society of Palaeogeography Preparatory Committee
Editorial board of Journal of Palaeogeography
Lithofacies Palaeogeography Committee of the Chinese Society for Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry
Petroleum Geology Committee of the Chinese Petroleum Society
Stratigraphy and Paleontology Committee of the Geological Society of China Coalfield Geology Committee of the Geological Society of China
China University of Petroleum (Beijing)
Other Sponsors (to be determined)
Other Organizers (to be determined)
China University of Petroleum (East China)
China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
China University of Geosciences (Beijing)
China University of Mining and Technology
Chengdu University of Technology
Southwest Petroleum University
Northeast Petroleum University
Xi’an Petroleum University
Hubei Petroleum Society
Other Co-organizers (to be determined)